Stretcher bar will mount canvas artworks, home print objects, photography that is done by the artists and photographers. The main role of this bar is to improve the appearance of the canvas artworks and paintings. However, the type of stretcher bar you need to choose depends on the painting work. Ideally, there are many online stores who are selling durable and stable stretcher barsor strips at incredibly affordable prices. More importantly, this bar is available in different shapes and sizes. You need to buy one that fits in your project needs and budget.
Few of the types of wooden stretcher bars that are available in the market include
• Standard duty: These are also called as medium stretcher strips that have round edges. This keeps the friction at bay while carrying out the stretching work. This puts less stress on the canvas and is tighter and is even. This is the most commonly used stretcher strips by the artists.
• Light duty: These are used to mount small or giclee paintings. These have round edges to place the canvas safely. This puts less stress on the canvas and lets people to frame the canvas into the stretcher bar with ease. This light duty bar will look great around the canvas.
• Goldilocks: These are quite expensive compared to the other types of stretcher strips. This requires side profile to carry out the work and also it boosts the look of the artwork. This is mostly used in stretching gilcee paintings. These are weight little heavy.
• Heavy duty-Midi: These are high quality canvasstretcher bars that are available at a cheaper price. The edges of the bar are smoother and are less resistant. This stretch bar totally reduces the weight of the canvas and is easy to mount on the wall. This is lightweight and is grained straightly.
• Super Heavy duty: This is little heavy in weight and looks stupendous. This is mainly used to frame large paintings and canvases.